Irina Vanzhula, M.S.
Doctoral Student Therapist
Irina Vanzhula, M.S., is a doctoral student therapist at the Louisville Center for Eating Disorders. She received her Master’s degree in clinical psychology at the University of Louisville, where she is currently pursuing her doctoral degree under the mentorship of Dr. Cheri Levinson.
Irina works with individuals of all ages suffering from eating disorders, OCD, trauma, anxiety, depression, and personality disorders. She is trained in variety of empirically supported interventions, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, exposure and response prevention, dialectical behavioral therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy. Irina leads DBT skills group for eating disorders and Eating Awareness Training group. Irina’s research examines comorbidities of eating disorders, OCD, and trauma, and she is interested in novel treatment development.
In her free time, Irina enjoys spending time outdoors and trying new restaurants.
Selected Articles and Talks
- Vanzhula, I.A., Calebs, B., Fewell, L., Levinson, C.A. (2017, in press). Irritability and Concentration Difficulties are Illness Pathways between Eating Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: Understanding Comorbidity with Network Analysis. European Eating Disorder Review.
- Vanzhula, I.A., Margaret, S., Levinson, C.A. (Apr 2018). Improving Acting with Awareness May be the Key to Successful Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Eating Disorders. Paper presented at the International Conference on Eating Disorders, Chicago IL.
- Levinson, C.A., Vanzhula, I.A., Brosof, L.C., Forbush, K. (2018, in press). Network Analysis as an Alternative Approach to Conceptualizing Eating Disorders: Implications for Research and Treatment. Current Psychiatry Reports.
- Levinson, C. A., Brosof, L.C., Vanzhula, I.A., Christian, C., Jones, P., Rodebaugh, T.L., Langer, J.K., White, E.K., Warren, C., Weeks, J.W., Menatti, A., Lim, M.H., Fernandez, K.C. (2018, In Press). Social Anxiety and Eating Disorder Comorbidity and Underlying Vulnerabilities: Using Network Analysis to Conceptualize Comorbidity.
- Sala, M., Vanzhula, I.A., Juarascio, A., Vazzano, K., & Levinson, C.A (Apr 2018). Incorporating Mindfulness into Eating Disorder Research and Treatment. Workshop presented at the International Conference on Eating Disorders, Chicago IL.